Friday, June 1, 2007

Funny Things Kids Do

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child." I Corinthians 13:11

You know several of us have been blogging about what we plan to do to prevent our children from experiencing the summer blahs! But I have vowed to enjoy this summer with my child...I think it is easier for me to appreciate being home with our son since I teach during the school year. I know that soon we will be back in the classroom preparing for another school year.

Our seven year old Sam marked the first day of summer vacation by looking up the answers to two important questions: :What are the white bumps on my tongue? (and we knew it was coming) Where do babies come from?

I have vowed this summer that instead of getting annoyed, I will enjoy my child by laughing at whatever is possible to be laughed at and accept that this stage too will soon pass. I have noticed that lately - he kisses us on the cheek and no longer on the lips. He loves his independence and is so proud that he can spend the night with a close friend. He is attending a week long baseball day camp in a few weeks - I promised God last night that I will trust in him to protect Sam as he experiences new things.

Last night, the two of us laid on the couch giggling and telling jokes - and I couldn't help but think about how short this season will be - but for now, I will savor it!

Have a great day enjoying your children -

Kim

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It is so funny that you posted about kids. Mikey has a date tonight and Carson is spending the night with a cousin for a birthday party tomorrow and I just told Mike last night, "Now, if we can just get Derek to go somewhere, we could have some time to ourselves."

We've only been out a week and I am ready to get rid of them...lol

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

That is to funny!! What did you say to him??? I always dodge those questions!! I answer as short as possible and change the subject FAST!!! =)Have a great day!!

ps- I've really enjoyed doing these Summer Bridge things with Taylor.....she's just thriving!! It helps her so much when she's learning!!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Oh how you make me miss HGBCS. I LOVED that school and everything about it. Have a wonderful summer!

Leigh