Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Love You , Mama!

Right now, my son is at a friend's house playing for the afternoon and I should be....ummm....cleaning but isn't blogging more fun? When I dropped him off, he was so excited. Suddenly, I noticed how much he had grown this summer - how tan he looked standing on the outside of the car grinning at me through the fingerprint stained glass -and then he whispered,"I love you, Mom!" and I delighted in rolling down the window and whispering back, "I love you too - buddy!"

He turned to walk down the sidewalk to their front door and I watched as he walked to the door and knocked. I thought, "My, where have those seven years gone?" as I watched him enter their home - man, that tugs at a mama's heart strings doesn't it? Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem letting him experience things because I trust God to protect him - it is not a license to just let him go anywhere - he only goes where I know and trust he will be well supervised. But even so, I still get a "little lump in my throat" when he exercises that new found freedom of independence so confidently.

and then I thought - that's probably how God feels when He lets us experience something new too!

Have a great day in Him - I've got some cleaning to do!

Kim

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just wait till he is 17 and walking out the door, it really does pull at those heartstrings. I am sitting here talking to Mikey and Hannah and he wanted me to call Chili's and get call ahead seating for them tonight. I said, "see there you do need your mama." Both of them just laughed. Enjoy that time to yourself.

Love ya,
Lisa

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

hee hee!! I couldn't help but laugh as I read this..Kris took the girls to the pool so I could get somethings "done". Yes, friend blogging is so much more fun! But I'd better get something done! =)