Monday, June 4, 2007

On Turning 40....

Today I can stop worrying about turning 40 and begin to enjoy being 40....No, I am not down, depressed or distressed because I made the dreaded turn. Instead, I feel liberated. At 25, 30, 35...I just didn't get it but today I do.....If life really begins at 40, it's because women finally grasp who God created them to be. Bottom line: I am actually excited about being 40.

Some things I have noticed about turning 40, turning 40 means I have had to start using wrinkle cream around the eyes to reduce puffiness and wrinkles. Even though, those wrinkles around my eyes are proof that God has blessed me with such joy and laughter.

Turning 40 also means that I am probably going to have to start eating right and taking better care of myself. I have also notice that lately, I require more trips to the salon for pedicures and manicures....and more eyebrow and lip waxing and more frequent hi-lighting to blend in the gray. :)

Most excitedly, being 40 today means my hubby is finally married to an older woman and if he forgets to take out the garbage....I will no longer waste my energy on pouting about it.....I will just do it myself confidently in my silky jammies.

Being 40 means my parents are getting older. And while I am not a little girl anymore...I always will be in their hearts.

Being 40 means I have more wisdom to share with those younger than me for I have reached the point in my life where I have achieved a healthy balance in who I am as a child of God, wife, mother, daughter, co-worker, teacher, friend....etc.

So today, I am clinging to Jeremiah 29:11. Even though I am 40, I know that God still has great plans for me. I am looking forward to this decade....I plan on it being one of my favorites!

Walking with Jesus for years to come,
Kim

1 comment:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! I hope you had a great day! I think you'll be an amazingly wise 40ish woman!! =) I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!! I too have heard that the 40's and 50's are great......isn't the phrase 40's are the new 20's?? So what does that make me?? =) Have a great day!!