Sunday, June 17, 2007

He Reigns

"More than the sounds of many waters, than the mighty breakers of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty. "
Psalm 93:4

Thanks to those of you who emailed to say you had missed me - you see, I was off to play at the beach with the family for a week. To put the pressures and stresses aside for a while and enjoy a glorious week filled with relaxing activities and precious time spent with my hubby and son. Seriously!

I have to share something that my son said that is precious - The first day we headed out on the beach, we reached the top of the stairs leading to the beach and when Sam spotted the ocean - he said, "Holy Smoke, I forgot how BIG God made the ocean Mom. WOW!"

That's one of the things I adore about my seven year old - that he is so awed by life. That started me thinking - Can you remember what it was like before you had so many responsibilities in life? How time seemed to move sooooo slowly?

You know, if you are able to take yourself back to the time where you had few responsibilities, you can return to your sense of wonder and awe that you experienced when you were younger. That's what I love about spending my day with a classroom full of first graders - and it's what I love about being a mother to a naturally curious boy as well.

The best way to experience a vacation or each day for that matter - is to shed our weariness and earthly
wisdom and begin to see the world through childlike eyes - Children do not have difficulty believing that God made all things. When do we lose the ability to do that in life? We get so task oriented that we abadon that sense of wonder.

I thought about that a lot this week as I watched Sam soak up his week on the beach - Hubby even surprised me with an evening walk on the beach alone - Yes, we had Mimi and Poppy in tow to entertain Sam in the evenings so that we could have some alone time :) - as we walked, Todd said, "You ever wonder how shells are made?" I said, "Nope, God made 'em!"

Look around today for all of the proof of God's greatness and majesty - the little birds in your yard that fly from branch to branch, the clouds as they dance in the sky today, the stars that appear tonight, the giggles of your children - they are everywhere - Praise HIM and get outside and enjoy His creation - after all - He made all those things for us so that we would in turn give Him the glory and honor for it all!

Enjoy your day admiring God's creation and treat the men in your life with extra kindness today!

I am glad to be back - I've missed you!

Kim

2 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

glad to see you had a great trip! sam looks so sweet in that picture!! priceless!! have a great day!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

glad to see you back posting... hope you had an awesome time. it sounds like you did!

Have a great week!
tell sam emmajoy says hello!