Friday, June 8, 2007

Our Happy Mission

I will extol You, my God, O King;
And I will bless Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.

One generation shall praise Your works to another.
And shall declare your mighty acts.

- Psalm 145 (vs. 1-4)

When we think of witnessing to our friends, neighbors, loved ones - we often limit our definition of witnessing as telling someone how to be saved. That view of witnessing puts a heavy burden on a believer - for if witnessing only means winning the souls of others - then each time we witness and that person does not respond - then in our eyes many Christians feel that we have failed.

But how different that view of witnessing becomes if we read the 145th Psalm. In this passage, David instructs us that witnessing is not just soul winning - but rather a form of praise. Our happy mission is to extol God and bless His name forever. David speaks of one generation praising God's work to the next -

We are called to rejoice in the Lord - and let me tell you this is exactly what God laid on my heart as I "prayed up" this morning to visit my former school. As I drove in to the parking lot this morning, Ol' Satan started throwing the "what if" darts. What will they think about the way you've grown closer to Jesus? He started jabbing me with the memories of the times I failed my sweet Jesus in the classroom - But I quickly rebuked him and started praying.......and a peace washed over me....and I ENJOYED MY VISIT!

I saw many former colleagues and many inquired about how things were going at "the Christian school" and I had to let that light shine - not in a boasting manner - but genuine. (Had to be cautious not to toot the ol' spiritual horn! I so didn't want it to be - "I have it better than you now.")

The holy spirit filled my mouth with such fragrant answers - What freedom! My joy just spilled over in words about His greatness - So that is what I discovered today about my Lord. I just pray that as we go about Our Happy Mission speaking of His wondrous works - that He will draw others to Him....and I trust that He will!

What a Great Day in the Lord!

Kim

1 comment:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Where are you? Did you leave us behind and go on some great vacation??? =) miss you!! post soon!! I need some "kim sense"!