Wednesday, June 27, 2007

All of Creation Praises Him

I love praising the Lord for His creation, therefore, I love the book of Psalm.

Psalm 148:13 says, "Let them praise the name of God - it's the only Name worth praising. His radiance exceeds anything in the earth and sky."

Good ole' summertime! With the additional rains that we have had this week, don't you just love the green lushness of summer? I love standing in my kitchen window watching the birds flutter about in the backyard. I have really grown to love filling the feeders with bird seed to see what new varieties will stop by for a visit - and Sam loves interpreting what they are "Saying to us!" when we exit our home. They really have "fussed" when we have been in too much of a hurry to refill the feeders! :)

Last night my son and I had dinner on a friend's patio overlooking their pool. Their home is quaintly nestled in the woods. Cozy and charming - Despite hearing my seven year old say every few minutes - "Can I go swimming now? Can I go swimming now? Mama, Can I go swimming now? I somehow managed to listen to nature's symphony: the sound of birds and crickets chirping, dogs barking, cicadas, the buzzing of dragonflies - I adore it! Together, all of the sounds create a song of praise to our Creator - they were after all the first choir -

But as hot as it is today - I am looking forward to hearing a nice autumn symphony! Aren't you?

Get outside this evening and enjoy the symphony!

Praising Him for His creation -

Kim

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Kim,
I am praising him for what he has done for us this week and he just continues to show himself to us in a variety of ways. We have been so blessed through all this. I just can't praise him enough. Enjoyed your post.....God is so awesome. I need to take the time and go out and soak up the beauty he so graciously created.