Sunday, July 8, 2007

Do You Operate on Auto-Pilot?

Choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15


Whoa - Did Dr. Brown preach a great sermon today! He challenged us the choice that we have daily - choosing whom you will serve today. So all day, I have pondered on this message and then I thought of this scripture found in Joshua. You see, many people treat Christianity as if it were a ONE TIME decision. Too many believe that once they receive Christ as their Savior - they are safe! Many are born again and then go on auto pilot. They establish a routine and fly in the holding pattern for the remainder of their time on Earth.

Dr. Brown said today when speaking on restoration - Don't ask God to restore you to what you once were - ask him to help you become what he means for you to be today!

I thought about that and how different my role is today than what He called us to do ten years ago - to pack up our home and move to Charlotte for hubby to surrender to full time ministry. I said I would NEVER.......yet here we are. God spoke - we obeyed. And then I think about how I said I would NEVER abandon my ministry in the public school system to teach at a Christian school....yet here we are (yes, hubby is there too) God spoke - we obeyed. You see, He knows what is best for us and we trust Him. And oh, how He has blessed us with wonderful opportunities to minister in the current place that He has us! Where we would be had we not surrendered? ohhhh, the what ifs.....

The definition of born? (the beginning of a life long process NOT the end) What if hubby and I had chosen to stay in a holding pattern? Following Jesus started with a single choice BUT it is followed by a life time of choosing to live for Him DAILY.

I do not want my life to become such a routine that I make choices out of habit. Worse, I do not want to walk around on auto pilot. All the power of God is available and waiting for us to make a choice. What will you choose today?

Father, thank you that we do have a choice. Help us to see the opportunities that you have before us. Keep us off of auto pilot, Lord. Give us even more passion for what you called us to do so that you get the glory and honor for it ALL Lord.
Amen



4 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

oh girl - what a wonderful word!! Great post. I too, don't want to be on auto-pilot... I guess that is partly why i keep on moving!

love you and keep posting!

Lisa said...

Great post Kim......continue to pray, Renee was at church with us again yesterday. She had a talk with Jason about how she was feeling and he told her she was crazy and needed to see a phychiatrist. He really needs the lord in his life.

Keep posting, it's so inspiring,
Lisa

Kim said...

Please warn her to remain steadfast - that Jason is going to try to make her feel and look like the enemy. Convince her that God has a better plan for her...but it may cost her that relationship. She is at a crossroads...what will she choose?

Encourage her to not nag him but to pray for him - that he too will surrender. That he will see the quiet change in her and desire a change as well.

I am praying for her too!

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will make sure to come back and check in on your blog often. Blessings Kim, From Kim