Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Because He first "dug" me.....

I was tagged by Leigh(www.leighgray.com) earlier today. Thanks Leigh, for two reasons : one - it was the first time I had been tagged - YEAH! and two (most importantly - you really forced me to think today!

Leigh challenged me to list the five reasons that I "dig' Jesus. (and yes, Leigh, I was a little shy about using the some urban slang to talk about how I feel about my King of Kings - so I did what all good bloggers do and I googled the word "dig." Here is what I found:

"Literally asking someone if they enjoy something or if they are enjoying something at that moment. Asking another person if they are in favor of something. Asking if they approve."

So Leigh, we are okay, because we obviously enjoy our Jesus, we find great favor in Him and of course, we approve!

Then came my next challenge - HOW DO YOU LIST JUST FIVE REASONS FOR LOVING JESUS? But after two hours of pouring through scripture - I narrowed it down to my top five for this stage of my life - Here we go:

1. I "dig" Jesus because He first "dug" me. He is humble. He died a criminal death obediently on a cross for my sins. (Phil 2:8)

2. I "dig" Jesus because He is COMING AGAIN! (Titus 2:13)....we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. Aren't you glad He is coming? Keep your eye on the sky!

3. I "dig" Jesus because He is the ONLY WAY! (John 14:6) Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

4. I "dig" Jesus because He is the WORD. (John 1:14) "So the Word became human and lived on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness."

5. I "dig" Jesus because He is my PRINCE OF PEACE. (Isaiah 9:6) "These will be His royal titles: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

So there you have it - five reasons why I "dig" Him. He is everything to me: He is my God, my Savior, my Mediator, Atonement for my Sin, my Advocate, my redeemer and my comforter. What is He to you? (consider yourself tagged and if you are a lurker - one who reads but never comments - you are welcome here - but you are tagged as well)

Do you "dig"Him too?

Kim




3 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

love it love it!!!!!! I am digging you too! hee hee

Thanks for playing along!

Lisa said...

Okay Kim......I have listed my 5 reasons. I wasn't sure if I linked it to yours and Leigh's or just yours. However.....I did it...lol Boy...did it get me to thinking of all the reasons I do love him.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Kim - thank you for leaving the most recent comment on my blgo about the challenge!! That is exactly what I am hoping will happen. I know there will be some that are upset with me - but that is ok - i had to be obedient!! Hopefully it was given in love!!

Have an awesome week!