Friday, October 5, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

Boy, do I miss blogging but Life in the Fast Lane is not affording me a lot of time to sit , soak it in, reflect and write. With hubby and I both being teachers, we are fortunate to have a lot of seasonal downtime. However, when we are in the school mode - we are moving and grooving and there is just not a lot of time for extra stuff.

We stay on the go. Hubby is taking a few classes and is in school many evenings throughout the week. That leaves me to run the errands. Our child is involved in gymnastics, tae kwan do and swim club. Yes, I know that it is a lot but as on OC (only child) I do what I can to keep him on the go and interacting with other children. We are seriously cutting two of those activities next year in exchange for guitar lessons, which PTL can be given during the school day. But for now, I will continue to shuffle him form one activity to the other in my taxi.

He is growing so fast this year. He is really developing a fantastic sense of humor. It is a treasure to be able to slow down and listen to his second grade jokes and celebrate what he is learning about the Lord this year. We moms guilt ourselves out of so much; many days I feel that other peoples kids get the most from me and my baby draws from the leftovers. But I guess it is that way with all of us - we give so much at the "office" that it is hard to "muster up" enough energy for home. But we have too....that time passes by too quickly.

It was so touching to see hubby sit down at the table last night and play Monopoly with our child while I was away leading a small Bible study group in someone else's home. Our child treasures those moments - not to mention that he delighted in beating his father in the game.

Laundry, dishes, and the remnants of their game of Monopoly on my dining room table await me. (and since turning 40, I have truly accepted that they can wait until I have a moment to do something about them.) As for now, I am going to enjoy being with my family.

Have a great weekend. I will develop a more spiritual post soon...after reading other blogs today from busy moms, I was in the mood to share on a personal level today.

5 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hey Kim....home today with sick Kennedy so gives me some time to catch up with blogs!! I can understand your feelings of getting Sam involved in things....I have to tell you though, even though Taylor has two sisters, I still struggle with this too. Last year we had her in WAY TO MUCH, but this year, I feel like she's missing out....there just never seems to be a balance! But I can definatley sympathize with you being the only one home....that is my life every week! And they do grow up SO FAST. Whew.

We went yesterday afternoon the the mall to pick out her glasses. She was not so thrilled! But, hopefully she can make it until she's nine and can wear contacts! =) We'll get them back Monday afternoon, so maybe on Tuesday you'll get to see her! I think she looks super smart! SHE does not! =) Well, have a great Sunday!

Lisa said...

Great to see you blogging. Syill praying ya.

Love ya,
Lisa

Lisa said...

Still praying for ya.

don't know what happened with that....lol

Kim said...

I will drop by and see her - I just got some new reading glasses and I will be sure to sport mine too!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hey Kim, if you get a chance take a peak at Taylor on my blog, we just got back from getting her glasses!!! =) SO GROWN UP!!