Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Are you in touch?

Today, we are more connected to the world than ever before....we call each other often due to cell phones, we record our favorite shows with Tivo to view at our convenience - I have even recently watched a few episodes of Dancing with the Stars on abc.com. Thanks to new laptops that our school staff received this year, I find myself checking my email five and six times a day at school. And here I am, blogging after a long day at school in order to stay connected with you. I have missed you.

Never before have we had such an opportunity to stay in touch...yet why are so many people lonely, so many spouses disconnected and so many families that spend so little time in meaningful conversation each day? And how is it that we can blog, chat on the cell phone, email one another, yet neglect to spend time each day with Him?

He's never too busy for us. But we drown Him out with or computers, ipods, tivos, DVRs and cell phones. He is still there - ready to provide direction, comfort and companionship. He promises in John 10:27: My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me."

May you be reminded by this entry that you are precious to Him. Quiet your spirit and listen to Him today. He is waiting on you and me.

Seek Him first,

Kim

4 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

amen sister - Satan knows he can't get us once we are saved so he will do his best just to distract us!!!!!!!! Have you ever seen Satan's Convention?? It is really convicting!!

love when you ahve time to write!!

Love, Leigh

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

mmmm, good stuff!! I miss your writing so much! But I know you are so busy! I have this issue with Kris.....we can have a perfectly fine conversation on the phone, but when it's just him and I....there is nothing to say!!! =) Hope you're having a great day!!

Kim said...

I haven't seen Satan's Convention but let me tell you I watched that 99 baby video and boo hooed! What a precious attitude those parents had!

Valarie said...

Girl you're so right about that. Sometimes we're chatting with the wrong people in the first place!

I've missed you!