Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Day the Buick Died....

We have this conversation weekly at our house. "Mom, when are we going to get a new car?" Response, baby, you are our new car but you are so worth it that we don't mind sacrificing and being content driving older cars. That is until one DIES; really, I had to drive nearly 40 minutes to pick hubby up on the roadside this evening because our Buick DIED. Pray for us tomorrow as our mechanic diagnoses the problem but I have a feeling that it is not going to be good news - it left an oil puddle - more like an oil pool on the side of 485 this evening - poor thing has served us well and is the most comfortable car we have ever owned. I pray her days of service are not over but we will see....

I hear parents say often that they need to withdraw their child from our private Christian school because they need a new car....I always think - yes, so do we.....but it is so worth the financial sacrifice that we make to have our son in private Christian school that we are content to drive those older cars. We will do whatever it takes to have him in a school that teaches biblical worldview.

We have learned that when bad things happen - they could always be worse and we try to let that always be our focus in the midst of all circumstances. I was so proud of my hubby for having a positive outlook on the whole situation today. (not his normal reaction but he is still growing too)Even though we could use newer cars, a larger home and MORE money, we have learned to be content and trust that God will remain faithful to us because we have committed to be faithful to HIM. But in the meantime, say a prayer for the old Buick...my hubby loves that car and I do hope she survives her flood.....

I will keep you posted -

Kim

2 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh no.....what is up with Charlotte this week?? I can't tell you how many people I've heard experiencing things like this!! I hope and pray that your faithfulness to HIM is going to provide during this time! I'm right here with you....our heat went out. =(

I have to tell you the enemy has put that thought in my mind "Well if your kids weren't in that Christian school you'd have the money for this." UGH......GO AWAY!!!

Lisa said...

Hope all goes well with the car......it is no fun to have car trouble.

Praying that it won't take much to fix.....but to be perfectly honest, it doesn't sound too good. Usually when it's the oil.....it's pretty much seen it's days..lol

Love ya girl,
lisa