Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

So have you spent anytime thinking about why you are thankful? I certainly have today. Our son fell (racing downhill in a wagon) at a friend's house yesterday and had to get stitches yesterday. While it was not nearly as bad as it could have been, he did have to get five stitches in the back of his noggin'. (and if you know anything about head injuries...they bleed profusely). It wasn't nearly as bad as it appeared when we first saw him at the ER. You know, I am one to savor the moment anyway, but it takes a jolt sometimes to remind you of just how precious life is. We are so thankful that it wasn't worse and we are also thankful for the support of friends. (like the one that comforted and prayed with my son yesterday and drove him to the ER with two other seven year olds and a toddler in tow).

I am so thankful for the time that I have had with my son. As a teacher, I have a wonderful schedule. Tonight, we parked outside a pet shop and stood peering into the windows - watching kittens play. We giggled together and laughed as they tumbled over one another. And then it happened: "Mom, when can we get one?" Response: "When you grow up and get your own place, I promise to buy you one of your own. It will be my grandkitty - until then just think about what kind you want!" (Now for all of you cat lovers out there....I am not unreasonable...I feed the neighbor's cat instead of owning one....which with the costs of owning a pet these days...I feel that is a sensible thing to do.)

Back to thanksgiving - I have so much to be grateful for: a wonderful Savior, a terrific spouse, a super seven year old, supportive and generous parents and MIL, great Christian friends, a fabulous job, the opportunity to share Jesus with His little ones everyday, fantastic bloggin' buddies like you, a warm bed to sleep in, a comfortable home, and choices. We live in a country where we don't have to worry about IF we will eat - but we have a gazillion choices as to WHAT we will eat each day - and what we will do to entertain ourselves and how we will spend our money and time. I am so thankful for what God has given me and I pray that tomorrow will be a day for you to bask in the glow of HIS goodness. Happy Thanksgiving.

Until next time.....

Kim

2 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hope you had a great time! I'm so glad Sam is ok!!! Talk to you soon!

Holly said...

Thank you, Kim for your prayers and spurring me on. I love how God has shown you the other side! Praise Him for that!!
Blessings to you, Sister,
Holly