Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hold Your Applause....It Is My 50th Post!

50 Fascinating or Not so Fascinating Things About Me
1. I married my high school sweetheart after dating him for seven and a half years!
2. For years, I never thought I wanted to have a child. (If you are reading this and have a child in my classroom - don't panic) I was crazy!
3. I am the baby in the family.
4. I have never broken a bone! (not yet)
5. Although I love to laugh, I HATE being the center of attention on a stage in front of people.
6. The thought of speaking in public gives me the willies but I survive every time.
7. I am TERRIFIED of snakes!
8. I love to shop and go to a restaurant ALONE!
9. I enjoy leading Bible study but get nervous each time I have to do it.
10. I love to read Nicholas Sparks books.
11. I put a Christmas tree in every room at Christmas - even the bathrooms.
12. I still believe in Santa!
13. I gave my heart to Jesus when I was ten years old. Best decision I have ever made.
14. I LOVE my job!
15. My husband and I seldom argue - I have tried - but he won't argue!
16. I used to be a majorette! (I know - many pounds ago!)
17. I once cooked and served dinner to Two or More at my home.
18. I love me some good ole' southern gospel.
19. Thanks to a Godly grandmother, I was raised Pentecostal Baptist!
20. My husband and I relocated here to do youth ministry.
21. I almost never learned to ride a bike without training wheels.
22. I did not have a single cavity until I was 28 - then I had four - YIKES.
23.Despite my husband's efforts, I never learned to drive a straight drive.
24. I LOVE TO WATCH PEOPLE FALL! - I know that is evil but I cannot help myself.
25. I despise watching The Three Stooges.
26. I do not like to hear people smack, sniff or blow their noses.
27. I have a terrible habit of interrupting - I am just so passionate about my ideas I cannot bite my tongue.
28. I love to sleep on the couch.
29. I love sleeping on clean sheets with a high thread count and a sun dried quilt!
30. I cry easily at church - every week, my son says "Mom, are you crying again?"
31. I also cry every time I watch Extreme Home Makeovers.
32. I LOVE Clean House and What Not to Wear.
33. I HATE wearing a coat - if you see me in one, you know that it is VERY COLD outside.
34. If I am hot, I take off my socks to get cool. Weird I know!
35. DOVE chocolate is the best - especially the dark chocolate.
36. I could eat a salad and bread sticks with Alfredo sauce from Olive Garden everyday and never tire of it!
37. I love to redecorate and paint.
38. I don't like to wear anything between my toes.
39. I cannot stand to wear a necklace.
40. Although my ears are pierced, I wear clip ons.
41. I cannot stand kitchen clutter and gadgets.
42. I don't care about cars - never have been one to ohhh and ahhhh over them.
43. I treasure being a mom.
44. I love being 40 - it has been one of the most relaxed stages of my life.
45. I am a giver - I love selecting presents for others.
46. I am a LONG RANGE planner - I love knowing what is coming up.
47. I am addicted to scrap booking and taking pictures of my family.
48. I love traditions - I have so many Christmas traditions that it is hard to squeeze them all in.
49. Teaching is my passion - it is what I was born to do and it has never seemed like work to me.
50. I thrive on relationships and probably couldn't say a word if you tied my hands behind my back!
So there you have it - 50 things about me - whew - I have to come up with something more creative for the 100th......
Have a great evening!

6 comments:

Carrie Garvin said...

Jumped over from Enchanting Cottage & I'm glad I did! These are 50 wonderful things you have listed. We have lots in common i.e. I can easily cry in church, believe in Santa, love my family, love high count sheets, etc... take care~ enjoy the holidays!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Ok, so now I KNOW how much we have in common!!! I'm am SO WITH YOU on the socks thing! Do you know that I sleep with only my feet out from the covers?? I loved reading more about you! Hope you have a great weekend!

Deb M. said...

Congrats on your 50th post! I enjoyed reading your blog...we have a lot in common. :o) Thanks for stopping my blog & your sweet comments on my stuff. Look forward to visiting you again soon. :o)

Valarie said...

Girl, was that you I passed in the gym? I was in such a hurry I really just got a glance! THAT'S AWFUL TO SAY!! Have a good one!
V

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hey Kim! I just wanted to stop by and tell you how thankful I am for your words of love and encouragement I find through your writing! I'm so thankful for you and I hope you all have a BLESSED Thanksgiving day!!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

oh wow girl - we have some differences........ i hate scrap booking, i hate cooking, i don't think i could think of 50 things about me........ hee hee - just joking with you!!

Hope the your son's head is better!!! I am sure he was a trooper!!

Merry Christmas!!