Monday, April 7, 2008

Border Blues

We are on Spring Break this week and so far it has been awesome. I started on Friday clicking some home projects off my list. I also read a book. I am such an avid reader that if I pick up a book, I cannot put it down until I am finished. I read Josh McDowell's The Last Generation and I promise to post about it soon. He has some incredible wisdom and insight about this generation that you and I are raising today.

We are also having a conference at our church and it is a mountaintop experience. If you read this today and you did not attend either service yesterday - DO NOT MISS tonight's service at 7:00 pm. The music was EXCELLENT! I am telling you - they were bringing it! I came home in such a peaceful mood - so I decided that before going to bed last night, I would QUICKLY remove the transportation border from my son's room. I followed directions using the paper tiger scorer cutting small holes in the border that my friend and I put ALL THE WAY around his room five years ago. I read the directions TWICE on the DIF wallpaper stripper NO DRIP - NO MESS gel. I waited 15 minutes as the bottle recommends and then I scraped and NOTHING happened. So I read the directions again - decided to wait a little longer to let the product take effect and I scraped again and NOTHING happened. So I decided to sleep on it and the border would fall of while I was dreaming about it - SURELY......NOT. I woke up to a border slathered in dried gel.

PLAN 2 : According to the EXPERTS on the Internet (what did we do before we could GOOGLE something?) I should have tried a mixture of fabric softener and hot water in a spray bottle. Hubby is on the way to Wally World as I type this......Come on Border.....I have other plans for today.....submit....surrender...Please?

My plan for the remainder of the week was to remove the tartan plaid wallpaper from hubby's bathroom - it is done is a golf motif - and I woke him up last night to break the news that his bathroom may just be tartan plaid for the remainder of our stay in this home. Just kidding - if this fabric softener thing works.....I will be stripping it this week. Nikki, if those six little hands get bored this week - I will take the girls and put them to work. My little man does not find such things entertaining.......even with bribery.

So I will keep you posted and in the meantime, I am looking forward to another revival service tonight. I am going to need one!

Kim

4 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh girl....you don't want my girly's near your walls!! You'll understand after you read my post today! AHHHH!!! =)

I hope things go good with the fabric softener! And I'm so glad you mentioned about tonight's service! I'm going to try my best to get there, we are supposed to have a sleepover but I think Kris can hold down the fort for a little while!! =)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

fabric softner and hot water do work wonders - you can do it you can do it!!! love, Leigh

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

So, how did it work??? =)

Stephanie D. said...

Oh wow girl, It's jonathan's mom, I was wondering how all the home re-dos were going. hey, if the fabric softener does not work use VERY hot water and vineger in a spray bottle. That worked really good for me. Talk to you later.