Saturday, April 12, 2008

Loving Lowe's....

Well, about 1:45 this am, I finished scraping, peeling, tearing....mumbling and grumbling and I am happy to report that the bathroom stripping is done. I begged hubby for help....to which he replied, "Why do you always WAIT until 11:00 at night to begin again on a project?" I said, "you know that I am a night owl - so grab a scraper and get with it....Please? And once the highlights of the Masters ended, he did pitch in and help me get it completed. And then I cleaned and tried to make things appear as "normal" as possible - now to the fun part. Spackling all of the oooopppps that I made while scraping and peeling....then sanding and prepping the walls for paint. So what will it be? Motor City Blue, or Blue Coal or Rogue Blue or Pitch cobalt? Whatever we choose, it will be some shade of navy....my hubby's choice - to which I relied, "That is really going to be dark...you have no natural light in there....and then he said, "You watch to many of those decorating shows on HGTV!"

Well, I talked him in to going to Lowe's with me tonight (poor fellow does love me) to select paint chips and then I had to get a few prep supplies for painting, spackling and sanding - some more wallpaper removal stuff for little man's STUBBORN border...this is the only product that I have not tried....it will probably work like a charm....if so, I promise to represent their company well....because I will let everyone know what worked! My goal is to clean that border off so that I can put up a new one....I know I said that I would not but it is either paint the whole room or put another border up.....I do love Lowe's....I walk around and imagine the things that I THINK that I can do while shopping in there.....I found a light fixture that I want for my bedroom because hubby and a friend put up a ceiling fan in there today so now I want new fixture to replace the plain one that the fan overshadows now. Oh what next? I will just have to go to Lowe's for more inspiration.....

Have a great day of worship tomorrow - personally, I am looking forward to a day of rest!

Kim

3 comments:

Sarah Martin said...

I hope you got your day of rest!! What a project-I am impressed that you got busy in the middle of the night. HOpe you have a great week!

sarah

Stephanie D. said...

Hey Kim, I am glad you got all that down. When you get a min. pop
over to my blog and take a look at my paint job I did in the kitchen. Oh I love it.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hope things turned out good! Thanks for the tips!! =)