Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sense of Wonder



I know what you are thinking.....two posts in one day? Yes, but I could not pass this one up. Don't you just love that sense of wonder in young children? Our son has always had a deep admiration for God's creation and when it comes to animals he wants to know as many details about how they were created as possible. In this photo, he is actually observing sea lions at Riverbanks Zoo.

This reminds me of something he said on the way to a friend's house today. It is, as Winnie the Pooh would say, "a blustery day" and we saw litter flying about the interstate. From the back seat our son says, "Why do people have to litter? It makes me sad." Trying to get a feel for where he is at in his thinking, I asked "Why is it wrong to litter?" and he responded, "Well, they just aren't showing that they appreciate God's wonderful creation." You go my son....you have a mama who is so proud of the young man that you are becoming but a God who is all the more pleased.I love you buddy!

2 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Don't they just amaze you??!!! I love it!! They are so "wise"!!! I'm glad you posted again!! =)

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I've tagged you for something, it's fun and easy!