Thursday, December 27, 2007

Counting My Blessings One by One....

Don’t you just love receiving those Christmas letters in the mail describing how little Johnny mastered the 10th level of TKD and how little Suzy performed the role of a butterfly in the year end dance recital? You may be one to compose such letters and if you are, I don’t mean to misinterpret your intentions. It is great to keep up with friends but what if we sent out a list of our blessings for the previous year instead?

So that is what I have decided to do in today’s post and I challenge you to do the same.

Here is just a small list of the many blessings we are thankful for at our house:

He allows us to continue our teaching ministries at HGBCS.

He has blessed us with good health.
He meets our daily needs and not always our wants – He does know best.
He blesses us with people who have taught us the value of true friendship.
He keeps our home safe.
He continues to keep our older cars running and even provided when one tried to give up the fight. J
He provides us loving extended family members.
He surrounds us with friends who have the courage and boldness to take giant leaps of faith.
He gives me the opportunity to do what I LOVE to do each day – teach!
He blesses us with family vacation at the beach every year – love soaking up sunshine in His creation!
He blessed me with a spouse who loves me unconditionally.
He gave us a fearfully and wonderfully made son who has a huge heart for his creator.
He continues to provide water….man, the drought this year has made me realize what a blessing indoor plumbing really is.
He blessed us with home filled with laughter and music and quality conversation.
He blessed us with a fridge and pantry that generally contains a meal or two and always a gallon of milk.
I am so thankful that for the blessing of freedom – we just don’t know what a blessing this is in our country. Lord, forgive us when we take it for granted.
He blessed all in our country with the freedom to worship – Lord, help us protect this right in our country.
He blessed us with a church that preaches the WORD and is not ashamed to take a bold stand in our community.
I am thankful that TWO of my very best friends EVER – have crossed paths with my family again. (We are more richly blessed because of it!)
Above all, through His son, Jesus, He provides us grace and mercy….so that we can begin each day with a fresh start.

May God bless you richly in the coming year and may you pause to count your blessings in the next few days.

Happy New Year!

Kim


2 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

yes girl - you are so blessed and I am blessed to "know" you!!! love, Leigh

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey again - Kim, please tell Tracy McDaniel I miss her so much. How is she doing?? I think she dropped off the earth... if you see her on the earth in Charlotte, please tell her i love her and miss her tremendously!!!!!!

Love, Leigh