Monday, May 28, 2007

Lord, Help Me to Use My Time Wisely

Lord, summer is here now and I do not want to throw away the opportunity to spend quality time with you. Help me to grow closer to you - to refill my spiritual bucket as only time with you can.

Thank you for another great year in the classroom. It humbles me so to see one of your little ones come to you in need of salvation - thank you for allowing me to have a small role in that! Now as I prepare for another year in a classroom filled with new students - equip me to serve you in a manner that only you can. Prepare their little hearts to learn more about you - to fall in love with you through the stories that we will share each day at your feet.

Thank you for a wonderful spouse and son. Protect our family time this summer from outside worldly influences - tv, video games, and anything else that draws us away from you. Please keep our family safe - and enable us to grow even closer to each other and ultimately you.

Lord, help me to love my neighbors even when we witness them make poor choices in life. Give us words of wisdom when they ask for advice - they are searching for something....they just haven't discovered that it's you that they are in need of -bring them to that realization.

Thank you for those soldiers who gave their lives fighting for our freedom - be with their families as they remember their loved ones today. Be with those who continue to fight for our freedom. Protect them today.

Thank you for impressing upon my heart the need to choose joy in all circumstances. I love you, Lord!

Kim

No comments: