Tuesday, May 13, 2008

THE SUDS

I am sick. I cannot breathe without sniffing and my ears feel like I am flying at a high altitude and yet, I have not left the couch this evening. This is the time of year when I am supposed to have the most energy. (because first graders still have lots of it and they need a teacher that can enjoy these last few days with them) It happens to me every year during the last week of school. I think it is because as teachers, we just reach a point of exhaustion and our bodies just cannot fight off germs anymore.

This morning, my son said, "Mom, I think you have the SUDS." Now unless your child watches Spongebob that reference will not mean anything to you. What my son is referring to is an episode of Spongebob Squarepants where SpongeBob comes down with a case of the SUDS - a flu-like illness in which bubbles escape through pores in the body...which is a sponge. He is miserable and seeking a cure without giving in and going to the doctor. Mmmmm....being stubborn did not get him anywhere either....

If you are reading this today, please pray that the suds will disappear from me as quickly as they came.

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Kim! I am so sorry you have the SUDS! It is so hard this time of year. I remember just being 100% done!! Over it. Tired. DONE! I pray that you can get past the SUDS and make it just a few more days. You are doing a great job!!

Tisha said...

Hey - I am sorry you aren't feeling well! My mom came home from Savannah with a HORRIBLE sinus infection. I am praying you feel better soon! I am in total denial that you won't be our teacher in 4 days! BOO HOO!!

Kim said...

Tisha - I will always be here for you and your girls. I do not want it to end either. You have been such a blessing to me this year.

Valarie said...

Hey girl. Hope the SUDS are leaving you!! Take care and get some rest!

Love ya.
V