Thursday, September 6, 2007

What a Privilege!



Jesus said:
Mark 10:14 Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.


What a great opportunity I have been given by God - the opportunity to teach his little ones! First graders are probably some of the greatest kids on Earth. They love school and they make you feel like you are a queen - just this week, I was at the front of the room hammering away at a math lesson - trying to explain to a classroom full of wide eyed first graders how many ways there are to make 8 -and I noticed that one of my students had her had raised - I sensed it wasn't urgent so I finished making my point and then I said, "Yes, Honey?" She whispered across the room - I just wanted to tell you that I love you teacher!" Now I ask you, how often does that happen to you are hammering away at your job? I am blessed - I am fully satisfied when it comes to my job!

Then this morning, while my little class is sitting at the feet of Jesus and I am sharing the story of the crucifixion - I was describing a little of what Jesus went through in his final hours. I told them that God could have made it stop - but He didn't - He did it for me and He did it for them and He did it for you too!

As I looked out into the faces of my little first graders, tears filled the eyes of one of my students. At that moment, I knew that she came to the realization that she needed a Savior - and she fell in love with Jesus right before my very eyes. As I watched the little tears pour from her eyes and trickle down her beautiful face, I couldn't help but share in her joy and you guessed it, I cried with her. But then we rejoiced with one another over her decision to follow Jesus. What an awesome day in the Lord!

Folks, it just doesn't get any better than that - I pray that you have a great Friday.

5 comments:

Brian said...

Keep up the good work Kim! The Lord is using you in the lives of those young children. You're right, what a privilege.

In Christ,
Brian

Tisha said...

Oh, now I am crying!! How absolutely precious! That is just the sweetest thing I've heard. As a parent of one of your students, it just blesses my heart to know the guidance and love my daughter is getting while sending her to school. Thank you for sharing your knowledge but more importantly your heart and Jesus with these children.

Kim said...

Tisha -
You were right - Grace is really beginning to warm up to me. She is precious to me already! I am so glad to be working with you guys this year. Thanks for all of your encouragement. We need to get together on the room mom thing soon. I will get with Vince and we will meet at North Campus. :) Thanks so much!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Precious!! You are RIGHT, it doesn't get ANY BETTER than that!!! WOW!!!

Valarie said...

Hey girl I'm finally back! Now you need to get busy fillin us with more of those sweet stories! That was incredible. I had some of your kids at preschool at HG and they are so precious! Just love them! You go girl! Let Jesus shine!