Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sweet Moments from a First Grade Classroom

I am blessed with a class of first graders this year that LOVE to be read to - they view me reading a book as a REWARD! Ladies, it is tough to teach in the age of electronic entertainment and to have a class that loves to sit and listen to me share stories - it is delightful! I try to end each day by sharing several books just for fun....it ends the day on a positive note and I always invite them to come back tomorrow to learn more. They answer me as if they have a choice in the matter. It is so cute.

Today, as we finished up, a little girl approached me and she said, "Teacher, I just want you to know that I asked Jesus to come in to my heart this morning and He said, "Yes!" Now I need to know what I can do to get baptized!" Folks, how sweet is that - that she told me that Jesus said Yes! What a way to end the day - and then I wondered how often do we say "Yes" to Jesus?

Have a great day in him and look for ways to say Yes to Him today,

Kim

4 comments:

Valarie said...

How sweet is that? OH girl I'm so glad to see you back. Keep us "posted"! Love to ya.
Val

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

That is just TO precious!! WOW!!

Lisa said...

God has got you RIGHT where he wants you, it seems like? That was just too sweet. I miss all the stories you used to tell at nanny's about your kids in Abbeville. Those stories have changed quite a bit, haven't they? Looking forward to more of what those babies have to say.

Love,
Lisa

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

that just made my day - thanks for sharing!!

love, Leigh