Friday, August 3, 2007

Man of the Year Award


I was challenged by a fellow blogger today to give my hubby - The Man of the Year Award. It seems that she was motivated ( Thanks Leigh!) to reevaluate how we in the blogging community speak of our spouses. So she created the Man of the Year Award - Congratulations Hubby! I can think of a thousand reasons that you deserve it!

To respond to this challenge today, I turned to a list of my hubby's traits that I keep in my Bible - at some point while praying for him, I made a list of reasons that I am drawn to him:

He provides me a sense of security, he is wise, sensitive, nurturing, has great morals, a strong sense of country - he loves conservative politics. He is devoted to family, quiet, and like a boy scout - he is loyal, kind and brave. He is a gentle giant - and handsome too! The amazing thing to me is that out of my list of 15 traits - only one of them was based on his outward appearance. Mama was right - it is what is on the inside that counts!

(Drum roll please....) But I give him the Man of the Year Award for his INTEGRITY!

Proverbs 10:9 says, "He who walks with integrity walks securely."

He understands that life is not about working countless hours just to have more. He understands the importance of his role as a husband and father and how important it is to be home with us as often as he can. And he goes about it in his own quiet, humble manner. Lord, thank you for blessing me with a loyal man of integrity. He is my Man of the Year!

If you were to bestow that honor upon your man today, what would you say? Click (on the centered title above) for Man of the Year Awards link and join me....your hubby will be glad you did.

In Him,
Kim

2 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

So awesome! What wonderful things you have to say about your Hubby. IF you were like me, my list could have gone on and on! It's amazing hwo many wonderful traits they do have, even when I usually focus on the negative ones. LOL!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

how precious!!! this was great...