Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, some of you faithful readers may remember that I hit the BIG 4-0 last year and to be quite honest with you, I never felt better. So today, one year later, I am 41. Hubby has been ribbing me about being an older woman....I do not know why, he is 42. Love you - my older man!

Surprisingly, 40 is not the death sentence that I thought it was when I was 20. I had lunch with a twenty-something friend yesterday and she said, "I hate to say that you don''t seem that old....you act so much younger!" Can I just tell you that is the best compliment that one can receive from someone under 25? Love you Am!

So today, I will bask in the joy of celebrating 41 years of God's blessings. He's been so good to me and I certainly don't have the right to complain today about being a year older. I have to0 much to be thankful for and I certainly would not trade the person that I was at 20 for the person that I have grown to be today.

Have a blessed day.

Kim



4 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! And I second that! You don't act "41"! =) I only hope I have your spark and energy when I turn 40!

Mrs.Trent. Ya'll???

Stephanie D. said...

What? 41? I don't think so, I don't think you look or act it at all. happy Birthday to one of the best looking ladies in town. Love ya.

Tisha said...

Mrs. Staples - Happy Birthday! I can't believe its your birthday. I didn't know when your bithday was. I hope you have some cool presents. I hope you don't have to clean house on your birthday.

Can't wait to see you at the pool.

Love,
Grace

Kim said...

Thanks guys! Your encouraging words are the best...I appreciate it!

Grace, I am looking forward to seeing you too!